Award Winning Architects in South West London
Armstrong Simmonds Architects are an award winning architectural practice based in Clapham, London. We apply innovative architectural solutions to building projects harnessing the creativity of our Architects and Designers to achieve exceptional results. Underpinning our work ethos is the central need to generate inventive and inspirational designs that will facilitate unique solutions that meet the specific needs of our clients. As RIBA Chartered Architects, we understand the needs for creative design, methodical planning and timely project execution. Our highly creative team of designers based in South West London will diligently guide you through each stage of the process from conceptual design to the completion of your dream project.
We provide the full spectrum of services covering all RIBA work stages including Surveying, Briefing, Scheme Design, 3D Modelling, Planning, Building Control, Detailing, Tendering, Contract Administration and Interior Design.
The types of building projects we pride ourselves in include: high-end residential design, new build apartments and houses, basements, extensions, loft conversion and multi-unit residential properties.
John-Paul Armstrong, DirectorBA (Hons), MArch, P.G.Dip, ARB, RIBA
- John worked at OCA and the multinational practice RMJM before co-founding Armstrong Simmonds Architects with Chris Simmonds. John acquired his degree and masters from the University of Sheffield. He also acquired the highest marks in his written examinations (Part 3 professional practice).
Daniela Favero, Senior ArchitectOAT, ARB
- Daniela has a wide range of experience in various types of construction including commercial, private buildings, residential units and renovation, with a particular interest in design and interiors. She previously owned her own architectural business in Italy where she also taught Interior Design at IED for 8 years. Daniela graduated as an Architect at the Polytechnic of Torino.
Nick Grimmett, Architectural AssistantBA (Hons), Dip Arch
- Nick acquired his architectural degree from the University of Brighton graduating with first class honours. Nick’s 3rd year design project explored sustainable urban design and was awarded the Michael Base prize for the best architectural drawings showing technical resolution of an individual 3rd year project.
Alan Manini, Architectural AssistantBA (Hons), March
- Following a bachelor’s degree at Newcastle University in 2013 and work experience across the sector, Alan completed his Masters at Kingston University in 2018 graduating with distinction. His thesis project explored scale and ambiguity in architecture whilst dissertations focused on cultural continuity in architecture.
John M A Baxter, External ConsultantBSc, DipArch, ARB
- John Baxter trained at Edinburgh University and Oxford Brookes. He is experienced in refurbishments and new builds, with specialist knowledge in residential design and care homes. He has also acted for clients as a CDM Co-ordinator / Consultant and Party Wall surveyor.